[traduction] Pages de manuel en français pour Pacman

Autres projets et contributions
mariobl70

[traduction] Pages de manuel en français pour Pacman

Message par mariobl70 »

Hello,

sorry for writing in English, I don't speak French at all. But my problem is related to French translations.

For some years, I'm involved in the manpages-l10n project, which originally has been merged from manpages-de and manpages-fr. We translate man pages into several languages; meanwhile we also support Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Dutch and Romanian. Current packages are available from AUR.

Some time ago, I've imported a few Pacman man pages found in an AUR package. The translator was Marc Poiroud (maybe still known to someone of you?). His mail address is no longer valid, and actually the AUR package is orphaned (although officially still active); there were no changes since 2009. The translations itself are based on Pacman v3.3, so they are to be considered as outdated.

The French translations in our upstream project are maintained by the French Debian translation team. I don't expect that the Debian folks is willing to bother with Archlinux stuff. That's why the .po files need a new translator. Well, I've fixed some things after importing the old Asciidoc files, like formatting changes. But because I don't speak French, I won't be able to really maintain the translations in the future. Maybe someone of you is willing to continue this work?

Here is the current state of the translations (also available online as an overview of all .po files):

(numbers mean total/fuzzy/untranslated gettext messages)
  • libalpm.3: 45/2/7
  • PKGBUILD.5: 192/41/41
  • makepkg.8: 178/9/59
  • makepkg.conf.5: 126/9/16
  • pacman.8: 212/30/37
  • pacman.conf.5: 138/20/39
  • repo-add.8: 52/1/9

Moreover, the following man pages shipped with the pacman package are still untranslated:
  • makepkg-template.1
  • BUILDINFO.5
  • alpm-hooks.5
  • pacman-conf.8
  • pacman-key.8
  • vercmp.8
And last but not least, we can provide .po files for any to be translated man page you want. For example, I maintain the German translations of the pacman-contrib package.

So if someone of you is willing to maintain these translations, please answer here and I will give you instructions for how to become a member of the manpages-l10n project and get your Git account.

Best Regards,
Mario
OldTroffer

Re: [traduction] Pages de manuel en français pour Pacman

Message par OldTroffer »

I am ready to help you in this task. Tell me how you wish to proceed. Yours,
mariobl70

Re: [traduction] Pages de manuel en français pour Pacman

Message par mariobl70 »

OldTroffer a écrit : jeu. 15 oct. 2020, 15:02 I am ready to help you in this task.
Great!
OldTroffer a écrit : jeu. 15 oct. 2020, 15:02 Tell me how you wish to proceed. Yours,
Just FYI, we've released v4.2.0 some days ago and now some of the man pages are available online from the man-pages-fr package, currently only libalpm(3) and makepkg.conf().

How you proceed depends on if you want to use our Git repository directly for updating the .po files (links to the Git repo are in my first message), or maybe you send the edited files to me and then I commit them for you. Besides that, the French part of manpages-l10n is maintained by the Debian translation team. Normally, they use a review mechanism in their mailing list, however, I don't think that they want to bother with Arch-only translations. But I will write to the mailinglist (CC'ing you) to clarify this.

Best Regards,
Mario
Répondre