En bref, les paquets n'existant pas dans les dépôts configurés.
Sorry, i would write in English cause don't know French. BTW in "British English" interface at registration control question is still in French :]
Today I was updating my system using yaourt and found few unconvinient things updating AUR packages.
1. Answering negative to the question "Continue building abc-package ? [Y/n]" aborts update process. I choosed packages which I would like to update at start, but after reading comments in "abc-package" theme I decided to not update this package - but not all packages!
2. Error while building a package (which is not rare) also aborts update process
3. Quering root-password while processing package by package. I was updating a lot of packages (about 40) and typing each time password (sometimes twice) is very very annoing (I have a long one :] ).
So i would like to propose a little bit different logic for update process, which (as I think) would be more convenient to use:
1. yaourt forms list of updateble packages, giving ability to choose which to update (all as it is now)
2. Build package by package without installing them.
a) In case of build failure just prompt about and go forward. If error was critical user will abort update on the next step by himself.
b) In situations like in p.1 from above list just unset package as if it was unset at the start
3. Provide list of built packages giving ability to choose which to install
4. Query root password and install them all at once
Possibly, such a scheme would be inconvenient for using yaourt in some other ways, I don't know (but I didn't found such). Hope for your comments
- Maître du Kyudo
- Messages : 15988
- Inscription : sam. 30 mai 2009, 15:48
- Localisation : Lyon
But the main problem is dependency during the build process, yours ideas are fine if yours AUR packages are independent and do not depend on others AUR packages
For 2) are you sure ? I may be wrong, and if it is the case, I think it will be an easier fix than the other proportion (See Tuxce for that )
Titre d'un sujet : [Thème] Sujet (état)
It looks like yaourt has enough to build dependency graph for selected packages and exclude rejected/build-failed with dependent ones using BFS. Or you meant something else? (Sorry, i didn't looked at sources, yet)